The Village Administrator is appointed by the Village President subject to confirmation of the Village Board and serves as the Chief Administrative and Operating Officer for the Village. The Administrator’s office is located in Sister Bay’s Administrative Offices on Maple Dr. The Administrator works under the general direction and policy guidance of the Village President and Village Board of Trustees. The Administrator’s responsibility extends to supervising all municipal departments through their department heads.
Specific duties of the Village Administrator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervising, developing and mentoring department heads and other employees to promote teamwork and a commitment to providing high quality services.
- Supervising and coordinating all municipal operations and municipal departments.
- Ensuring the provision of effective public services.
- Evaluating the performance of department heads.
- Coordinating employee benefits and personnel policy programs.
- Assisting developers in a professional and businesslike manner.
- Developing the annual budget and presenting it to the Village Board.
- Assisting in the preparation of agendas, supporting documentation, and attending all Village Board meetings.
- Providing support to the Village President and Village Board. Providing reports, recommendations, and advice to keep the Board informed and assisting in its policy-making role.
- Ensuring positive public relations by providing information to the public concerning Village activities, providing efficient public services, and effectively handling all complaints and inquiries.
- Representing the Village in local, regional, and state meetings and assisting with various Village commissions and boards.