Utilities Water/Wastewater Lead Operator
The Village of Sister Bay Utilities Department is accepting applications for the position of Water/Wastewater Lead Operator. The successful candidate will work at the Wastewater Treatment plant and will deal with any and all aspects of the collection system as well as the water & distribution systems.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and be at least 18-years of age. Post-secondary degree in wastewater or related field of study is preferred. Certifications in Wastewater and Water are required. Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience is required. Management experience preferred. Applicants must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License upon hire and be able to obtain a valid CDL. A physical and alcohol/drug screening are conditions of employment. Hourly wage is dependent upon qualifications.
Applications and a detailed job description may be obtained from the Village Administrator’s Office, 2383 Maple Drive, Sister Bay, WI 54234, telephone: 920-854-4118 or online at www.sisterbaywi.gov.
The Village of Sister Bay is an equal opportunity employer.
Full-Time Marina Manager
150 slip Public Marina with growing revenue for the past 5 years seeks accomplished candidates for Department Head position with the Village of Sister Bay. We are looking for a highly organized and professional Marina Manager with a proven track record of leading in the customer service industry. We are looking for a candidate with three (3) years’ experience in marina operations preferred, with experience in hospitality management considered. The successful candidate will possess skills in customer service, team building, organizational planning, goal setting and project management. Responsible for staff development/team building, slip rental, marketing coordination, basic data entry, budget management, operations and maintenance of the Marina. Manages, hires and supervises seasonal staff. The position requires the ability to perform a variety of physical and mental tasks associated with Marina operations. Basic computer skills are required, experience with basic bookkeeping and QuickBooks is preferred. Residency not required. Workload will vary by season, with heaviest work between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Full time, year-round, salaried position in Northern Door County with benefits. Starting Salary DOQ. A full, detailed job description follows.
This position is open until filled.
Please submit a resume with cover letter and three references to: [email protected].
Applications may be returned to: 2383 Maple Drive, Sister Bay, WI 54234. (920-854-4118). Drug testing will be required as a condition of employment.
Sister Bay is an equal opportunity employer.
Village of Sister Bay
Job Title: Marina Manager
Summary Description: A seasonal position under general supervision of the Village Administrator and the Marina Committee having direct responsibility for the overall administration, operation, and maintenance of the Village marina.
Major Duties/Essential Functions
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the marina including the rental of slips on a seasonal and transient basis. Oversees the launching of boats and the parking of boat trailers. Oversees the operation of the Marina offices and grounds.
- Responsible for the acquisition and maintenance of all Marina equipment; responsible for purchases, control and use of all materials and supplies. Maintains systematic, complete and accurate records of the Marina activities, services, personnel, equipment and property.
- Responsible for having all Marina employees maintaining the highest level of customer service for all customers and visitors. Maintains a friendly cooperative relationship with other area marinas. Maintains the proper favorable public image of the Marina Department and its employees.
- Manages and supervises staff to achieve goals within available resources; plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments; trains, motivates and evaluates assigned staff; reviews progress and directs changes as needed. Evaluates work performance of subordinates and prepares performance evaluations. Effectively recommends termination, suspension and other disciplinary matters for subordinates.
- Prepares written policies and procedures for the operation of the marina.
- Meets and confers with Village officials, interested community groups and the public on various aspects of Marina services and facilities; answers inquiries and complaints.
Participates with the Marina Committee in the development of annual work plan. Participates in planning for the next budget period. Monitors and controls all financial transactions; approves all purchases originating at the Marina.
- Resolves problems and questions presented by subordinate staff regarding work processes or policies.
- Confers with the Village Administrator presenting or resolving difficult problems or questions, equipment replacement and discussing plans and actions to be taken.
- Responsible for spring start-up and fall close-down of the Marina and docks.
- Oversees the safety of staff instructing individuals in proper safety procedures and monitoring work in progress. Assist other staff on a as need basis.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when violations of Village Codes or ordinances are observed on the job.
- Hire and terminate individuals for employment as part-time seasonal marina staff.
- Creating and managing work schedules for part time marina staff.
- Preparing payroll time sheets in accordance with Village personnel policies.
- Administer seasonal boater agreements, including securing payment and signatures.
- Maintaining and administering the wait list for slips.
- Submit all daily deposits and appropriate financial reports to appropriate administrative staff, managing all daily financial transactions involving the marina, including reservations and credit card processing for the sale of slips, goods, and services; adheres to marina cash handling policy.
- Preparing reports as requested by the Marina Committee, Finance Director or Village Administrator.
- Ensuring that all Marina facilities, structures and property, including the docks and vehicle parking areas are maintained in good repair and in structurally sound and sanitary condition.
- Supervising the winterizing of the Marina facilities in consultation with the Village Parks’ Department
- Ensuring that the Marina restroom facilities are maintained in a clean and sanitary condition through the removal of trash and the emptying of the trash receptacles, the sweeping and mop-ping of the restroom floors as necessary to keep them free of sand, dust, and grime, the cleaning and sanitizing of all toilets, showers, sinks, mirrors and counter surfaces, and the re-stocking of all restroom supplies, including bathroom paper, soap and towels.
- Ensuring that the Marina property and Waterfront Park, including lawns, landscaping and flowerbeds, are maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Subject to the approval of the Village Administrator, administering contracts and special projects.
- Oversee the removal, installation and maintenance of docks and other piers or marina structures.
- Preparation of budgetary requests in consultation with the Village Administrator.
- Supervision of the CIP, Dock Replacement and Fuel Dock projects.
- Ensure positive customer service experience by implementing best management practices for contractor and marina staff, such as the 5 and 10 rule, to engage boaters.
- Drive revenues through sales and reservations of slips and marina facilities.
- Other duties that the contractor and Village Administrator agree are germaine to the operation and management of the Marina.
- Reads incoming correspondence; plans and formulates response or subsequent action. Composes correspondence dealing with subject matter that involves considerable discretion, judgment or negotiation.
- Ensure marina is opened and closed at approved times as approved by the Marina Committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervision / Accountability
The position is directly accountable to the Village Administrator. Supervises assistant marina manager and seasonal dockmasters.
Knowledge of boating and marina operations, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting; working knowledge of applicable laws, standards and regulations relating to marine safety; Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and tools in the repair, maintenance and operation of buildings and dock systems. Basic mathematical, writing, and computer skills; Knowledge of payroll and personnel practices; Knowledge of Green Bay boating dangers. Have knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary in the performance of Marina operations. Knowledge of policies and procedures established by the Village board and the Marina Committee.
Skill / Ability
The ability to accept responsibility, to make decisions, and to effectively prioritize work. Interpersonal communications, verbal and written, with a diverse range of people, including the proper handling of emotional situations. Ability to effectively use time and resources to accomplish activities; supervising others and maintaining effective relations with those encountered in the course of work. Ability to effectively handle a variety of moderately difficult situations and problems. Ability to ensure and follow standard safety procedures. Ability to speak and understand the English language fluently and use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling. Skill in directing the use of and operating the listed tools and equipment of the Marina in a safe, efficient and competent manner. Ability to perform required mathematical computations. Ability to work independently with only occasional review of work performance or records.
Any combination equivalent to education and experience that provides the required skills is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to: three years’ experience working with public or private marinas. Demonstrated Administrative, supervisory and leadership experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed inside and outside settings. Hand eye coordination. Is necessary to operate equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is continuously required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift, pull and move 50 pounds for extended periods and occasionally 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. Work is performed at the Village Marina. The employee frequently works near moving docks and boats. The employee is exposed to wet and or humid conditions, and noise.
Tools and Equipment Used
The ability to use the tools and equipment listed below is essential to perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Skill in use of mobile radio, phone, copy machine, and fax machine. Ability to access, retrieve, or input information using Windows, word processing, and spreadsheet software or other standardized software common to the Marina operation.
Must possess a valid Wisconsin Motor Vehicle License. Loss of license may be cause for demotion, lay off or termination.
Special Conditions of Work
Must be able to respond to work emergencies in all types of weather conditions at any hour of the day or night.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute and employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.